Narrows Race Team
"Two boats on the water is a race"
Our goal is to be in the lead. Narrows Race Team is about the little things that make a big difference.
This is what we are all about and what we encourage all our team members to achieve.
Narrows Race Team is a joint team of GHYC Junior Sail and Tacoma Yacht Club Junior Sail.
We offers the opportunity for both young men and women, regardless of athletic ability, to compete head-to-head in Northwest area sailing regattas.
Must be in a local high schoolNorthwest Interscholastic Sailing Assoc. (NWISA) open to youth in grades 8-12
To be on the Race Team you need the following:
- Intermediate or Advanced Sailing skills
- Must be able to swim 50 yds.
- Appropriate clothing (you will get wet).
As part of your training you will receive the following:
- Professional coaching to improve racing skills
- Attendance and professional coaching at regattas
- Camaraderie of a close-knit group of fellow sailors
- Support from a dedicated group of volunteers.
- Use of boats and facilities at GHYC Junior Sail.
Age: High school grades 8th - 12thRace Team includes members from the greater Tacoma, GIg Harbor area and competes as Narrows Race Team
- Season: June 12th - September 15th.
- Practice: June through August: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
4:00-8:00 PM at the Tacoma Yacht Club Wollochet Bay Outpost
(3418 White Cloud Ave NW Gig Harbor)
- Regattas per
Northwest Youth Race Circuit
Parents will be responsible for completing individual registrations for each event.
Double-handed boat the skipper will register.
- Coach: Paul Foley. Paul has extensive experience and
is happy to answer any questions you might have.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 253-592-0744
Summer Season $450Register for Summer Race Team
GHYC Junior Sailing has been so great for me. I first learned to sail in 2009 and began racing with GHYC as soon as the team began. Since then, I have also taught at sail camps and helped coach the race team. I am currently a sophomore at University of Washington trying to find as much time as possible to get on the water with the Husky Sailing Team. ... Bekah A