Adult Sailing Lessons
We are excited to offer Adult Sailing Lessons this summer! These lessons are a great way to start your sailing journey in a safe environment for learning. Sailing is a lifelong sport that develops motor skills while building self-confidence and encouraging teamwork.
Our experienced instructors will use a combination of classroom learning and on-the-water exercises to get you comfortable sailing in the harbor, with an emphasis on hands-on sailing experience. This class will go over the basics of: how to rig a boat, knots, how sailboats work, points of sail, sail trim, finding the wind, navigation, rules of the "road", docking, and more. Students will each get experience sailing in all positions on the boat, including the skipper (driver).
- Adults of ages 18 and up eligible to participate. To maintain safety, students should have basic mobility for this class, including being able to walk without mobility aid devices.
- Classes are held in our Martin 244 Keelboat, with 4 students to one instructor
- Four individual lessons over two consecutive weeks
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Price per two-week session: $300
- Session 1: July 10th - July 19th
Session 2: July 24th - August 2nd
Session 3: August 7th - August 16th
Session 4: August 21st - August 30th