GHYC Junior Sail’s primary goal is SAFETY for your child and our staff. As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we will adjust our policies in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines/mandates.
Currently, those include:
- Social distancing Proper use of masks indoors or when social distancing is not possible
- Full vaccinations strongly recommended for all participants
- Full vaccination required for all staff and volunteers
- Unvaccinated participants will be required to show proof of a negative Covid test within 72 hours of the first day of participation
- Use of masks as recommended by local, state, and federal guidance
- Vaccinations as required by local, state, and federal guidance
Participants will be asked to submit proof of vaccination (as applicable) during registration.
Unvaccinated individuals, individuals who have not completed their full vaccination cycle, and individuals who do not provide proof of vaccination will be required to wear face coverings at all times on land but may remove them on the water as long as they are able to practice social distancing. On land, all employees, volunteers and participants must practice social distancing whether they are vaccinated or not. If specific activities make social distancing unreasonable or unsafe all individuals will be required to wear a mask even if vaccinated.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as GHYC Junior Sail works hard to keep your children safe while learning and having fun on the water. We are proud that we were able to run our camps in 2020 and 2021 with no cases of Covid-19 contracted during our programs. We appreciate your support.